Introducing the new SolarFoot™ for exposed fastener metal roofing with the strength, testing, quality, and time-proven integrity you expect from S-5!. The SolarFoot provides an ideal mounting platform to attach the L-Foot (not included) of a rail-mounted PV system to the roof. This solution is The Right Way to secure rail-mounted solar systems to exposed fastener metal such as AG-Panel or R-Panel.
The Basic Components
S-5!’s new EdgeGrab™ is specifically designed to be used in conjunction with our patented S-5-PV Kit for solar array end conditions.
The EdgeGrab accommodates PV frame thicknesses of 30–48 mm (if the L-flange is positioned below the stud’s hex nut) and 34–51 mm (if the L-flange is positioned above the stud’s hex nut).
EdgeGrab uses the same S-5-PV Kit base assembly as the universal PV grab and will work on most exposed-fastened and corrugated metal roofs.
(The EdgeGrab is not UL or ETL Listed)
S-5-PV Kit Features
- New longer PV stud now accommodates PV frame thickness from 1.3″ (33mm) to 2.5″ (84mm)!
- Beveled mounting disk now provides an eve easier to use module placement guide!
- Four new strategically placed mounting disk hooks to assist in wire management!
- New broader ears on the PV grab allow for even easier installation and precise module engagement!
- Mounting disk is universally directional for simplicity of installation!
- Absolutely NO RAILS required!
- Incredible holding strength that only S-5! can offer!
- For mounting solar systems to your corrugated metal roof, S-5-PV Kits work perfectly with our CorruBracketTM!
For mounting solar systems to your exposed-fastened metal roof, a flat mounting disk is available allowing S-5-PV Kits to work perfectly with our VersaBracketTM!
Penetration-free attachment, lower installation costs and cooler roofs, combined with rising energy costs and increased environmental concerns all spell a bright, sunny future for PV and standing seam metal roofs. S-5! makes it easy.
Due to the variety of attachment needs, S-5-PV Kits are sold separately from S-5! mini clamps. The S-5-PV Kit fits only S-5! mini clamps, NOT standard clamps.
Wind dynamics are complex; thus, each system should be reviewed by a qualified licensed professional who understands wind effects on metal roof design and construction prior to purchase and installation